Monday, January 16, 2006

KING OF THE BOOK LAUNCHES

Everyone who reads this blog is invited to the launch of KING OF THE ROAD on Thursday 9th Feb at Ottakars in Worcester (6:30-8:30). There will be wine and nibbles and guaranteed swearing. I realise this is a futile gesture because none of you live anywhere near Worcester. To the best of my knowledge, no one from my home town reads this blog. That is absolutely fine by me. Hey, this blog has an international readership, man. You might look a bit scuzzy, but you guys are out there in the world.

However, I wouldn't mind a few local punters (and not just people I know) coming along to this launch. (Shit, I wouldn't mind a few local punters just being aware of the books, but never mind that.) Local press will be covered by Lisa the fabulous publicist at Serpent's Tail, but I suspect something more than that is required. To that end, I'm trying to think of how I can make it happen. Here are the options as I see them:

1. sandwich board
2. flyers in key places (pubs)
3. floating an airship over Worcester
4. a publicity stunt
5. magic
6. just going around, shouting at people
7. streaking at Worcester City Football Club
8. streaking at Worcester Warriors Rugby Club
9. offering people money

I'm leaning towards 5. My 3-year old son has a real magic wand and he says he can do anything with it. However, clever though he is, I'm not convinced.

Anyone got any other ideas, drop them here or email me.

And remember - you are invited.

No comments: