Thursday, January 22, 2009

And now for my next book...

Something very strange has been happening in Warchester, and local pub singer Rik Suntan is about to have his doors of perception blown wide open. It seems that during the 1970s, Jimmy Page's experiments with the occult wandered into the art of soulshifting - namely, swapping the souls of celebrity rivals with those of newly born babies in the Warchester maternity ward. Obviously this news is a tad hard to swallow, and Rik's got other problems on his plate - his regular slot doing Cliff Richard covers at the local nightclub is axed, and his girlfriend's dumped him for a ginger bloke. But not nearly as jaw-dropping as finding out he's the reincarnation of David Bowie...

Check out STAIRWAY TO HELL at Amazon. No pic for public consumption yet but it's a long time till publication. Probably better to drip it out slow.

BTW, this was my "research" novel. Every other book I wrote, the whole point of it was that I had to avoid looking things up (ie: work). Not so this one. Behind this story (which is a work of pure fiction, your honour) there's a whole pile of facts. More later.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Oooooh Charlie - that sounds great!
Donna

Charlie Williams said...

Cheers Donna!

Anonymous said...

Charlie, John told me about this two or three weeks ago and I'm really sorry I haven't emailed before now, because I was absolutely knocked out by it.

Sounds utterly, utterly brill. Congrats.